Most patients are ready to go home 30-40 minutes after their procedure.
- Due to the sedation received during your procedure, you may have trouble remembering what you are told in the recovery room before you go home. You will receive written information regarding the results of your procedure together with instructions regarding your activities, diet, medications and follow up care requirements.
- If biopsies were taken, the results will be available within a week from your Physician’s office directly.
- Expect to be drowsy and forgetful for the rest of the day. You should not plan on returning to work until the following day
- Please remember that it is neither safe nor legal for you to drive for the remainder of the day after you have received sedation.
- A staff person from the Endoscopy Center will call you the next business day to do a post procedure follow up call and to check on your general well being post procedure.
- In the unlikely event that you have pain, fever, or bleeding after you leave the Endoscopy Center you should call the doctor who performed the procedure or go to the nearest hospital emergency department, or call 911.
Endoscopy Center of Marin
Copyright ©2019 Endoscopy Center of Marin All rights reserved.
The Endoscopy Center of Marin, LLC is jointly owned and managed by AMSURG, Inc and Endoscopy Associates of Marin, Inc (Dr's. Bazalgette, Sowerby, Bettinger, Lee, Davis, Sharma, Malladi, Hogan).